- clinical assistant professor at school of Arts, Media and Engineering for over a decade, teaching online and in-person courses in the Media Arts and Sciences degree program, including computational thinking, introduction to sound, video, and graphics, digital culture and media arts for non-majors, capstone mentorship.
teaching priorities + interests
project- and play-based learning and curriculum development
well-rounded critical thinkers and culturally-situated thinkers and makers
- online education that is both rigorous and engaging
- thinkfour expert, short-form educational videos see: https://sparks.learning.asu.edu
- consultant for media arts standards and curriculum revision project at Arizona State Dept of Education
- computational camera, media arts, AI and machine learning curriculum for middle schoolers as part of NSF grant (ongoing)
- former music and technology teacher at school for high functioning kids and teens on the ASD spectrum
- former K-6 music and curriculum director at k-6 private school in Berkeley, CA.
curriculum advisor and teacher for interdisciplinary after school arts program at Rosie’s House, a music academy for underserved youth